Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Childhood Books (Plus Intro)


Hi! I'm Macy and we're supposed to write intros about ourselves, but I'm going to do both an introduction and a blog post. So.. my name's Macy and here's ten facts about me:

1. I've never had a blog before (that's why this is so... rookie)
2. My favorite drink is the Baja Blast Freeze from Taco Bell
3. My favorite series is Divergent (I haven't read many series, honestly, I usually read normal novels)
4. I watch My Little Pony Friendship is Magic... PEGASISTERS RULE!
5. I have a dog
6. I like pizza
7. I eat yogurt a lot
8. I wear sweaters in the summer
9. Harry Potter>Harry Styles
10. I got suspended from Google the last time I had a Gmail account (so fun)

Alright, now you know me. Let's move on to everyone's favorite childhood books.

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*


1. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

So if you didn't read this book as a kid, you're either crazy and homeless or not from America. This is one of the best heartbreaking children's books. Seriously, if you haven't read this, read it now. Even if you're forty-seven, read it.
This Katherine Paterson book is amazing. I love how it's kind of like The Fault in Our Stars, with a 90's childhood feel on it. The characters develop, you start to love Leslie, and then poof, she dies (I told you this contained spoilers). But it truly is amazing because this may be one of the first books you'll read and it teaches you that life isn't happily ever after all the time, and how to handle feelings. So, this is definitely a childhood must-read.


















2. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

You know when you're reading a series, and then you finish, but the there's ANOTHER book? That feeling is great. That's basically Harry Potter. Well, at least up until the last book (boohoo). This is the best series of all time, according to everyone. This isn't a childhood series, this is an everyone series. Read it. I admit, I haven't read the whole series, but it's definitely going to be great.

















3. Charlotte's Web E.B. White

I love this book! With Wilbur, Charlotte and the other quirky and amazing talking animals. This book is soo logical right? Well, it was a dream as a kid for animals to talk, and White's book made this happen, pretty much. Of course, someone ( or something) had to die, or this wouldn't be a book. And again, if you haven't read this book, you're cookoo. It's great how Fern (the girl) develops a lot of feeling to the animals. We all love puppies, don't we?
You'll definitely cry in this. One of the all-time classics, even for people who are over 60.




















4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl

Roald Dahl definitely has some crazy and quirky books, as of where things could never happen in real life. His books feature fat, greedy kids, giant peaches and mixed-up medicine. But I guess that's what make his books so great! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a good book to start of with if you're planning to start his books.
The weird kids in the book definitely make up his books, and this has the weirdest one. Violet, who is spoiled and has a chewing gum record, Augustus, who loves chocolate and is quite obese, Mike who is obsessed with video games, gets what he wants and kind of scares me. Veruca who is... no words. No words at all. But then there's good old Charlie who's kind of the normal one.
And why forget Willy Wonka? He's slightly wack and seems to think everything is normal. Oh, and he's edible.
If you haven't read this book, hopefully this description of characters will make you want to.



















5. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

It's ok of you haven't heard of this book, because it's not well known, but a good book.
Indian tribes. Yes. Indian tribes.
Karana is definitely a brave, young girl, who really represents none of us, because if I had to live on an island for 12 years, well I'd die on the 3rd day. SO Karana is definitely awesome. Handling, her brother and dog dying, being like whoa, I'm like alone is totally brave. She is definitely Dauntless. And the ending has a nice happily ever after, which isn't sappy. It's like in the 1600's, why would it be sappy? But this is an awesome book, and it has a sequel too, called Zia. The summary is kind of ridiculous, but I guess I'll read it?










'








Alright, thanks for reading my first every blog post. Now all you can do is read Breigh's blog and Namratha's up coming posts. Byee!


Links:

Instagram (i'll accept you, just be active or i'll block you probably)
Twitter is soon to come!
Polyvore
Snapchat: tobiaseatoncake (please don't send me one million snaps)

That's it! Byeeeeeeee



No comments:

Post a Comment