Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Book Cover and Size Rant

Okay hello hello this is Macy and I JUST WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT BOOKS IN GENERAL OKAY. So, what I'm saying is that people I know judge books by their cover and size. Like, why? Just because its small doesn't mean it's a cheesy kids book or not going to be good. And covers? They might be horribly illustrated or... not appealing, but that doesn't mean you can be like "oh, this must be a bad book because there's kid with overalls on it". Please. Stop. No matter size or cover, it may or may not be a good book. Sometimes the cover is a beautiful view, and you buy it without reading the summary. Please. Read the summary. Maybe the cover has an ocean on it and it's about someone surviving the desert, but you don't know because you didn't read the blob or a couple pages. You grabbed it because it was pretty, but things are misleading.
So anyway, there are a couple books I can name right here. I do have some. (1) The Emily Windsnap series. It has a nice cover, but I thought everyone in it was completely stupid and ignorant, and it was really cheesy. (2) Out of My Mind. Two words. Horrible. Ending.
Two? Yes. That's all I can think of right now, boo-hoo. There are plenty more, but I can't remember right now.
Alright. I hope you could learn from this, because I admit I do judge books by their cover, and I try not to. Anyway, links below!

Instagram
Polyvore
Twitter-coming soon!
Snapchat-tobiaseatoncake (no spamm)
And email us at bookshelfies.gmail.com. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment