Monday, August 18, 2014

Ranting About "fakes": Book Version

Hiiii everyone! It's Breigh and ok I just need to let this off my chest, kinda like last week when I went on and on about fangirls, I kinda wanted to do a second branch off of that about fakes. We all have seen fakes and unfortunately they exist in fandoms too. For example, what exactly is to be considered a fake fan? Well, by my definition it is someone who try's to act like they know everything about a certain thing; even if they know close to nothing at all. This is honestly perhaps one of the most infuriating things in my thoughts. Now, many people may say that people who listen to audio books and/or just watch the moviesand never read the book are fake fans. This is a little bit tricky to decipher, but I would say that they are a true fan. But they are NOT a reader! This is another one of my pet peeves, when someone who only listens to audio books calls themselves a reader. Haha! You can only be considered a reader if you are looking at the page and reading it with your eyes; or in some cases, fingers. You are NOT a reader if you just listen. You may be a fan but you are not a reader. You are a listener. 

Another topic of fakes I would like to discuss is fanfiction. Ah, ol' fanfiction. Personally, I don't read fanfiction that has characters from already made books or real people that actually exist; because I like the authors way of writing the story, not a 16 year old girls way of interpreting it. Now of course I do highly respect those 16 year old girls writing a Harry Styles love scene, but I honestly don't care for it. I don't mind fanfiction that has new characters and new people and a whole new story. That's my kinda fanfic that I enjoy:)))

What a short post today huh? Sorry for all the short posts lately and late posting we have all been extremely busy recently but we try and keep posting for y'all:) 

Thanks for reading and putting up with my rant haha I love you guys, I'll see you next week, byeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment